Also available as PDF: Buy digital version
Joanne quite enjoyed arranging these carols. They follow the format of her earlier Northern Lights: International Collection in that Harp 1 can be played as a solo while Harp 2 enjoys a tuneful accompaniment.
Here are some things she’d like you to know about these arrangements:
- They are in the harp friendly keys of C, G, D, F, B♭.
- The carols have been kept in keys suitable for singing.
- They have two or more verses, the first one usually more accessible.
- There are occasional lever flips, but all are creatively incorporated with ample time provided for setting and cancelling. All carols are playable on the pedal harp.
- The arrangements are grouped in such a way that one could play them from the beginning of the book to the end as a recital program.
- Page turns for hard copy and tablet users have been creatively facilitated.
- Suggested fingers are optional, but try them before dismissing them. There is method to the madness. “A harp piece well-fingered almost plays itself.”